Recipe by Rita~
I guess the Polish is coming out in me again! My mom's not so favorite (It's not hers) but I like it!! I've also cooked this slow cooker and stove top. Your choice. And many times cooked for three hours. Makes great left overs! Better the next day!
Top Review by Leta
A very tasty blend of flavors, the ribs pick up a mild flavoring from the sauerkraut that is delicious. I have always used apple and caraway seeds in my sauerkraut, but the carrots were a pleasant discovery adding alot to the flavor to this dish. I always rinse my sauerkraut at least twice before using to prevent it from overpowering the meal. I did that with this dish, and I believe that even those who are not big sauerkraut fans would enjoy this dish.
- 453.59 g fresh kielbasa
- 453.59 g country-style pork ribs
- 88.74 ml apple juice
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 1892.72 ml sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- season with salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown kielbasa and pork,set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Add apple juice, onions, carrots, apple, parsley, bay leaves,garlic salt,caraway seeds, and chicken broth; simmer cover for 20 minutes.
- Stir in saurerkrat,wine,sugar,pork ribs and kielbasa that you cut into 1/4 slices.
- Bake, covered,1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and good rye bread& butter.