I guess the Polish is coming out in me again! My mom's not so favorite (It's not hers) but I like it!! I've also cooked this slow cooker and stove top. Your choice. And many times cooked for three hours. Makes great left overs! Better the next day!
- 1 lb fresh kielbasa
- 1 lb country-style pork ribs
- 6 tablespoons apple juice
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- season with salt and pepper
- Brown kielbasa and pork,set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Add apple juice, onions, carrots, apple, parsley, bay leaves,garlic salt,caraway seeds, and chicken broth; simmer cover for 20 minutes.
- Stir in saurerkrat,wine,sugar,pork ribs and kielbasa that you cut into 1/4 slices.
- Bake, covered,1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and good rye bread& butter.