Recipe by Dienia B.
Polish Heritage Cookery. I don't know the amounts this makes or the time it takes to make. I just want to keep recipe safe.
- 4 lbs diced pork ham
- 1⁄2 lb diced fat, back
- 1 lb coarsely ground beef round steak
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind all together.
- Work well by hand.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water, making sure it is fully absorbed into meat mixture.
- Spread mixture in shallow glass pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, stuff casings into 1 foot links.
- Hang sausages overnight in cool spot to air dry.
- Prick any air bubbles with needle.