Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you are trying to watch your calorie and fat intake and are looking for a recipe that is savory and satisfying, give this one a try. It is easy to prepare and is table ready in about 30 minutes. I recommend that it be served with a hearty rye or pumpernickel bread so you can mop up every last drop.
- In a 3 quart stock pot:.
- • Brown the kielbasa, remove and cut into bite size portions then return to pot. NOTE: While browning the sausage you made need to add a small amount of oil to aide in browning.
- • Slice onion into shreds and add to pot.
- • Slice mushrooms and add to pot.
- • Sauté sausage, onion and mushrooms at medium / med low heat for approximately 10 minute in the oils in the pot left by the browning of the sausage.
- • While sautéing sausage, onions and mushrooms, prep the cabbage by slicing into long thin shreds.
- • Add the cabbage to the sauté mix and continue to sauté.
- • Add the caraway seed.
- • Salt and pepper to taste.
- • Add enough chicken broth to cover the ingredients in the pot plus.
- • Stir in the tomato paste.
- • Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes.