Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 14 mins
From Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Fresh Jamaican Jerk Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb tuna steak (1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 t. dried)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ground cloves (a dash)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 medium cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Set oven to broil.
- Place tuna steaks on rack in broiler pan.
- Mix lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme (1/4 teaspoon if dried), the sugar, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the allspice, red pepper, salt, cloves, and garlic together.
- Brush fish with half of the lemon juice mixture.
- Broil with top about 4 inches form heat for 7 minutes.
- Carefully turn fish; brush with remaining lemon juice mixture.
- Broil about 7 minutes more or until fish flakes easily; cool.
- Flake fish and set aside.
- Cook and drain pasta per package directions; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Mix oil, vinegar, celery salt, remaining 2 teaspoons thyme and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in flaked fish, pasta, cucumber, and green onion; toss.
- Arrange tomato slices around edge of serving platter.
- Spoon pasta mixture onto center of platter.