I started with a recipe from Martha Stewart Living magazine, then added more herbs, vidalia onion, and Parmesan cheese. This is wonderful!
- 2 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon vidalia onion, grated (or red onion)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- Whisk garlic, sugar, mustard, grated onion, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, vinegars, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together oils; add to vinegar mixture in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Whisk in herbs, celery seeds, and Parmesan cheese.
- season with extra salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week. Enjoy!
A bit more than 15 minutes prep for me, but worth it! Great herb flavors. Thanks, Sharon! Made for PRMR.
Fabulously fresh, tangy and easy! I made this for a dinner party of 10 last night, and everyone raved! there is a bit too much oil and not enough lemon juice, but it is a wonderful overall recipe! I will definitely try it again. I am making recipe cards for all of my guests with the spices already in it to take home and recreate! ciao!
Wonderful and light with a great combination of flavors. I'll be making this again. Thanks Sharon.