1/2 Photos of Fresh Italian Herb Dressing
I started with a recipe from Martha Stewart Living magazine, then added more herbs, vidalia onion, and Parmesan cheese. This is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon vidalia onion, grated (or red onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil or 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Whisk garlic, sugar, mustard, grated onion, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, vinegars, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- 2Whisk together oils; add to vinegar mixture in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- 3Whisk in herbs, celery seeds, and Parmesan cheese.
- 4season with extra salt and pepper.
- 5Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Italian Herb Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 97.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: