Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ah, my maiden recipe! This is what I came up with for dinner tonight. I was looking for a recipe that went this way, but couldn't find one. All the flavors are to taste, of course. I love cilantro, so there's a ton of that and the sweet/tart flavors will vary based on your fruits' sweetness, etc. It also occurred to me as we were eating it that some pineapple tidbits would be a wonderful addition to this. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 mango, pitted and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- caribbean style jerk seasoning
- Combine first 8 ingredients; let this sit at least 30 min so the flavors can blend (the longer it sits, the better it is).
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning and cook covered over medium heat until no longer pink inside (these would also be great grilled).
- Serve chicken topped with salsa.