Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made these with a bunch of herbs that I grew this year. If you don't have fresh herbs, you can use dried. I've done this in the oven, and even in one of those microwave steamer bags. (That took about 15 minutes of cooking time in the bag) I make all my recipes at home with no salt, but I post it in recipes cuz I know most people still like to use it.) If you choose not to use salt, substitute about 1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper for added flavour.
- 2 large white potatoes
- 2 large red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (or 1Tbsp dried chives)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (1 tp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (Omit if doing the potatoes in a steamer bag.) (optional)
- Wash the potatoes, but don't peel. Cut into bite sized chunks.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add all ingredients in a roasting pan and mix so that potatoes are coated evenly.
- Bake covered for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft. (If steaming, I did them for about 15 minutes. Let bag sit in microwave for about 3 minutes before opening the door. Be careful opening the bag, the steam is very hot!