Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are just to die for...enough said. I've had them served over grits for brunch and had them served with french bread for dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp (washed and peeled but with tails on)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Once you have washed and peeled the shrimp (leave tails on), melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, being careful not to scorch the butter.
- Add the shrimp, basil, thyme, chives and garlic to the saucepan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the wine and cornstarch.
- Once the shrimp have begun to turn pink, slowly stir the wine mixture into the shrimp and continue to cook the shrimp until they are just done (about another minute or so) being careful not to overcook them.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.