Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is easy and a great use for all your garden herbs! From Good Housekeeping.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh basil or 1⁄2 cup fresh dill or 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper until mixed.
- In a steady stream, whisk in oil until blended.
- Whisk in herbs.
- Refrigerate up to 1 day.
Yum, yum, yum, yum, yummy! I love fresh herbs and vinaigrette, so this salad dressing was an absolute hit with me! I added a splash of balsamic vinegar in with the red wine vinegar, a dash of garlic powder and I used extra virgin olive oil. I like a very vinegary vinaigrette, so I didn't add quite as much oil. I grew up on oil and vinegar and as I get older, I use less and less oil... I selected a combination of fresh cilantro and parsley for my herbs (because I had them in the refrigerator), but I would make this again using any herb I like. Easy, tasty, healthy. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game, 1/20/09 - NELady.