Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from Pillsbury
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, chopped
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet. In a large bowl, combine flour, parsley, sugar, thyme, baking powder, rosemary and salt; mix well.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk and egg just until moistened.
- On floured surface, gently knead dough 10 times.
- Place on cookie sheet; roll or pat dough into a 6" round.
- Cut 8 wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake for 15-20 min.
- or until golden brown.
- serve warm.
These scones are da bomb! I have made them for several tea parties ans I get get requests for them often! Thank you!
very healthy scone great web site thank you i, i have 2 tennage girls so they are into recipes ok thanks once a gain