Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe on the back of a Heartland penne pasta box. Yet to try...looks good. Prep and cooking time is a total of 30 minutes (not counting preparing the pasta) so this goes together quickly and would be great for a weeknight meal.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces penne (suggest Heartland Perfect Balance Penne)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1⁄3 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 10 ounces chicken breasts, cooked (can use chicken breast strips - 1 package)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and black pepper
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add tomatoes and basil; cook 2 minutes. Add chicken; simmer for 5 minutes. Toss with pasta and Mozzarella cheese. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Note: if you do not have fresh basil or garlic, you may substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
I make this often. It is tasty and quick to prepare. <br/>Serve with Italian bread and salad.