Epi Curious's Note:
Found this recipe on the back of a Heartland penne pasta box. Yet to try...looks good. Prep and cooking time is a total of 30 minutes (not counting preparing the pasta) so this goes together quickly and would be great for a weeknight meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 1/2 ounces penne (suggest Heartland Perfect Balance Penne)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/3 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 10 ounces chicken breasts, cooked (can use chicken breast strips - 1 package)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and black pepper
- 1Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- 2Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add tomatoes and basil; cook 2 minutes. Add chicken; simmer for 5 minutes. Toss with pasta and Mozzarella cheese. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
- 3Note: if you do not have fresh basil or garlic, you may substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Herb Penne With Chicken and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.4
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 537.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 32.8 g