Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This comes from the Food and Drink Magazine. I haven't tried this yet
Make and share this Fresh Herb, Chili and Lemon Spaghettini recipe from Food.com.
- Brin a large sauce pan of salted water to a boil.
- Finely grate peel from lemon and squeeze out 1/3 cup juice.
- Place in a bowl, along with 2 tbsp oil, Parmesan cheese and salt.
- Stir together.
- Add pasta to boiling water, Cook until al dente, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta.
- When pasta is nearly cooked, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large deep frying pan on medium low.
- Add garlic and chili flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, pasta water and Parmesan mixture to garlic.
- Toss gently 1 minute and then add herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to coat and serve with additional Parmesan.
Oh this is wonderful! The only thing I changed was adding 3 tbsp olive oil to the lemon instead of 2 and it worked perfectly - not too dry and not too oily. This is a quick and easy recipe, perfect for school nights when I want the kids fed, bathed and in bed early. It had wonderfully fresh flavours, thanks to the lemon and herbs. I would strongly recommend using fresh lemon and fresh herbs. It just won't have the same effect with dried herbs or concentrated lemon juice. I served it with a crisp green salad.
I had seen this recipe and i tried it out now it was great.