Recipe by glitter
This is easy and tasty. Make small batches at a time.
Top Review by Rita~
I used half butter and half olive oil. Didn`t have fresh marjoram so I subbed it with oregano. I used a scallion in place of the chives. I just can`t make anything without garlic so the optional garlic was not an option. I used this butter to saute your shrimp in Aegean Shrimp Salad recipe #90983. It was soo good!
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup margarine or 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1 clove garlic sprouts, chopped (for a light garlic flavor) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- After washing your herbs, and drying them well, snip fine with a pair of kitchen shears.
- Mix the herbs with your oil You may use a food processor, pulse only once or twice or your mixture will turn green.
- This is best made a day in advance so the flavors blend well.
- Store in the refrigerator, but bring to room temperature before using.
- This will make l cup.
- It can be used on thick grilled bread slices, vegetables, and even poultry.
- **Usethe leftovers within 5 days of making.