Jamie Renee's Note:
A perfect soup for cold, snowy winter nights. Fresh herbs add lots of flavor. With a combination of colorful vegetables that you can use fresh or frozen, it's quick while being very flavorful. You can add more or less of what you like or throw in your own favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup crinkle cut carrot
- 12 stalks asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces frozen home-style noodles
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh minced oregano
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh minced sage
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1Pour chicken broth into a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add onion, bell pepper and celery, bring to a boil and cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
- 3Add diced chicken.
- 4Add asparagus and carrots.
- 5Add white pepper and garlic powder.
- 6Next add frozen noodles to soup and cook until tender (see package directions). When noodles are halfway done stir in half and half and your fresh minced herbs.
- 7Cook until noodles and vegetables are tender.
- 8Add more pepper, and or salt to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Herb and Veggie Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1052 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.4
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 1993.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 45.3 g