Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This marinade is especially good on chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped mixed herbs (such as oregano thyme, savory, flat-leaf parsley, and rosemary)
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsley chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- lemon wedge, for serving
- Whisk together ingredients in a nonreactive dish. Arrange meat in dish; rub with marinade. Cover refrigerate, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove meat from refrigerator; let it come to a cool room temperature before cooking. Remove meat from the marinade; discard the marinade. Using a paper towel, wipe off any large pieces of herbs or garlic from meat. Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Cook meat as desired.
- Garnish with herbs; serve with lemon wedges.