Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This mango and cucumber salsa is a recipe from Ellie Krieger. It is healthy, fresh and highly versatile. I hope you enjoy it! SERVING RECOMMENDATION: Over grilled chicken breast or fish. HINT: To seed the mango, stand it on end (vertical) and slice down all four sides. Your knife will "feel" the seed, so it is easy this way!
- 1 mango, fresh, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, english, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, fine diced
- 1 jalapeno (more or less to heat preference. Remove seeds and membrane to further reduce heat.)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped (more or less to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- Mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, if time allows. This will marry the flavors!
Tia this is absolutely fabulous so YUMMY thanks for submitting!!
Wow! Really good, sweet and spicy! And so pretty-looking too. I left out the cilantro (personal preference.) That's my 1 1/2-year-old son going after it in one of the pictures. He loves dipping chips. Thanks! We'll definitely have this again. Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.