Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very moist fresh halibut--easy.
Make and share this Fresh Halibut in Rice Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 4 medium white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 rice paper sheets or 4 egg roll wraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lay the rice wrappers on a flat surface.
- Sprinkle snipped dill and sliced mushrooms in the center of each wrapper, and place the halibut fillets on top. Wet the wrappers' edge with a brush and fold like an envelope.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, lightly brown both sides of the halibut packets and cook in a 375°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove the halibut packets to a warm serving platter.
- Add capers, butter and lemon juice to the skillet, simmer for 30 seconds. Spoon the sauce around the halibut packets and serve at once with sugar snap peas.
This was awesome. I do need to learn how to roll the rice paper sheet better but that is all practise. Apart from the rice paper rolling this recipe comes together really easily and has excellent flavour. I used real butter and tripled the sauce. Instead of using a whole fillet of fish I cut mine into 1 inch pieces which I personally found easier to handle. One small suggestion, I would love to see the list of ingredients in the same order as used in the instructions.