Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great one dish, pan-asian meal and makes for a healthy, well-balanced lunch or dinner. The combination of the spicy, rich tofu and the fresh cool greens really makes the dish pop. Adapted from Vegetarian Times.
For the Tofu
- 59.14 ml low-sodium soy sauce
- 59.14 ml chili-garlic sauce
- 29.58 ml dark sesame oil
- 396.89 g extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 118.29 ml green onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml nonfat yogurt
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
For the Salad
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 1064.65 ml mixed baby greens
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 cucumber, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Whisk together soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce, and sesame oil in bowl.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Dip tofu in soy sauce mixture; cook 10 minutes, or until browned. Cool 10 minutes.
- Add green onions, yogurt, and lemon juice to remaining chile mixture. Toss with tofu.
- Mound rice in serving bowls. Top with greens. Shave carrot strips over top with vegetable peeler. Top with tofu, cucumber, and avocado. Sprinkle with sesame seeds; serve with chile-soy sauce mixture.
Mmmm, this is so good. The store was out of extra-firm tofu though, so I had to use the firm kind... It kind of fell apart in the sauce and looked like a chunky tofu scramble, but it still tasted incredible. The only change I would maybe make next time is cutting down the amount of sesame oil in half, as it was a bit overpowering.
Love, love, love this. Made for ZWT and wouldn't change anything either. Wonderful spicy tofu nestled with the creamy avocado and other veggies in a sauce with a nice kick. It is hopping right into my best of 2011 cookbook! Thanks for posting.
This was absolutely wonderful!! It was healthy, inexpensive, and tasted out of this world! I wouldn't change a thing. Try this one! Trust me!!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe sofie-a-toast!