Recipe by MarieRynr
Two kinds of just cooked peas and an Asian dressing make for one delicious salad! Very quick and tasty.
- 3 cups shelled fresh peas (from 3 lb peas in pods)
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon packed golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shelled peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until almost tender, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas to same pan and continue boiling 30 seconds.
- Drain; rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, salt and pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Pour dressing over peas in large bowl; toss to coat.
- Season salad to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve at room temperature.