Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Food & Wine; author Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- 2 cups packed and chopped fresh cilantro leaves (and stems)
- 3 Thai green chili, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, peeled and thnly sliced (3 tablespoons)
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, tender inner cores only, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, chilies, ginger, lemon grass, garlic, coriander, cumin and water and process to a fine paste.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, chicken stock and the spice paste and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Takes about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt.