Recipe by Derf
Good Beans!! lots of taste
Top Review by Bergy
5 star all the way. I steamed my beans for abought 3 minutes, set them aside and a few minutes before serving finished the recipe, I had slivered toasted almonds on hand so used those. Not only a tasty recipe but great appearing as well Thanks Derf another do again recipe
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried) or 1 tablespoon oregano (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- cayenne pepper
- hazelnuts (or your favourite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim beans, boil for 4 or 5 minutes until tender crisp- Drain In a cast iron fry pan or saucepan, melt butter add onion and garlic and cook over medium low heat.
- Stir occasionslly until onion is just tender Stir in beans, tyme salt and cayenne, Heat through.
- Add nuts just before serving.