Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is good as a vegetable or served cold as a salad. The green beans are crunchy!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends removed
- 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced (Vidalias preferred)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 10 minutes or until bright green and crisp tender.
- Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cook onion in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often until the onions are golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium add brown sugar and vinegar.
- Stir to combine.
- Add green beans and heat 5 minutes or until beans are heated through.
I really enjoyed these.
These are very good! I love the sweetness of the onions and the little bit of tang from the vinegar. Made as is and they were perfect! Made for 'When Its Hot' Tag.
so easy and yummy - i'll definitely be making this again...thanks