- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends removed
- 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced (Vidalias preferred)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 10 minutes or until bright green and crisp tender.
- Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cook onion in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often until the onions are golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium add brown sugar and vinegar.
- Stir to combine.
- Add green beans and heat 5 minutes or until beans are heated through.