Recipe by Shelley Lee
Fresh green beans are a summer garden favorite. For a Southern cook like myself, they can take hours to simmer to perfection. Voila'...the pressure cooker! Gets them perfect in minutes! This works with beans frozen from your garden, too.
- 3 cups fresh green beans, cut or snapped into one inch pieces
- 3 slices smoked bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into pressure cooker and stir.
- Bring cooker to pressure and reduce heat to the lowest temperature that will still maintain a jiggle
- Cook for 3-4 minutes - 5 minutes if you like your beans extra soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Reduce pressure under cool running water.