Recipe by Ms. Mother Earth
Basic recipe is from Pioneer Woman but I altered it a little. I had to splurge since it was our first fresh green beans for the summer so I used bacon grease. YUM Next time olive oil.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (can substitue olive oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap the ends of beans and into the desired length.
- Melt bacon grease (or heat olive oil) in a skillet over medium low heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for a minute.
- Add green beans and cook for a minute until beans turn bright green.
- Add the chicken stock, chopped red pepper and S&P.
- Turn the heat to low, cover leaving the lid cracked for steam to escape.
- Cook for 25 minutes or so until liquid is evaporated and beans are soft.