Ms. Mother Earth's Note:
Basic recipe is from Pioneer Woman but I altered it a little. I had to splurge since it was our first fresh green beans for the summer so I used bacon grease. YUM Next time olive oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Snap the ends of beans and into the desired length.
- 2Melt bacon grease (or heat olive oil) in a skillet over medium low heat.
- 3Add garlic and onions and cook for a minute.
- 4Add green beans and cook for a minute until beans turn bright green.
- 5Add the chicken stock, chopped red pepper and S&P.
- 6Turn the heat to low, cover leaving the lid cracked for steam to escape.
- 7Cook for 25 minutes or so until liquid is evaporated and beans are soft.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Green Beans, One Way
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g