Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Made with raw green beans instead of canned for a more healthy and flavorful side dish.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Boil beans in water for 8 minutes.
- Drain beans and move to bowl.
- In same pan melt butter with olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic, cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, salt, pepper and chicken broth, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
All I can say is YUMMMMMMY! Just as posted! Thank you!
These were great! I like that you can cook them to your desired tenderness! Very nice flavor! I think they get more flavorful the longer you let them cook.
sounds great. delicious