Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A light summertime salad. Use the mix of green and yellow beans, or just one kind. Use red and yellow tomatoes. Fresh tarragon works best. Can be made the night before (store beans and dressing separarely in refrigerator). Bring to room temperature before tossing. Great for a picnic because it has no egg or dairy to spoil.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 lb yellow wax bean
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- tarragon, to garnish (sprigs)
- Snap off ends of beans.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook beans until just tender, about 4 minutes. Run under cold water and lay beans on a baking sheet to cool. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix oil with the shallots and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the beans and tomatoes in a large bowl, add the dressing and toss well.
- Transfer to a large platter and serve, garnished with sprigs of tarragon.
This was simple to make and very tasty. I cut the recipe in 1/2 and had enough to share at the office the next day. I am not a big fan of Tarragon but it worked well . I think I will try this using fresh parsley and thyme. Made for your win Football Pool Week 1 2013. Thanks for sharing.