Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The chicken stock adds lovely flavour to this salad.
- 12 ounces green beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 8 ounces French dressing
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- black olives, to garnish (optional)
- Dissolve the chicken stock cube in the water and add the trimmed green beans.
- Boil for about 10 minutes (they should still be fairly crisp).
- Drain and rinse briefly under cold water.
- Arrange in a shallow bowl and pour over the French dressing while the beans are still warm (This ensures the beans "soak up" the dressing).
- Leave to cool completely.
- Arrange the sliced tomato and onion around the edge of the bowl and garnish with whole or chopped black olives, if desired.
This turned out very pretty, was very easy and very tasty. The chicken bouillon is absolutely a must use in this recipe as it adds a great deal to the depth of this salad. Thanks for the post.
I really love this recipe, and there really is nothing to complain about. Really good combination of flavours.
Made this to take to a neighbor, then liked it so much that I ended up keeping it & making the recipe yet again for taking! This is a nice, easy-to-prepare salad that look & tastes great! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]