- 12 ounces green beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 8 ounces French dressing
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- black olives, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the chicken stock cube in the water and add the trimmed green beans.
- Boil for about 10 minutes (they should still be fairly crisp).
- Drain and rinse briefly under cold water.
- Arrange in a shallow bowl and pour over the French dressing while the beans are still warm (This ensures the beans "soak up" the dressing).
- Leave to cool completely.
- Arrange the sliced tomato and onion around the edge of the bowl and garnish with whole or chopped black olives, if desired.