I had a similar salad from a deli and tried to duplicate it. This is what I ended up with. I think it's fabulous! The deli salad was my first experience trying hearts of palm...now they're a new favorite!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed, trimmed and cut in half
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, whole
- 3 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, whole leaves (about 2 cups packed)
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hearts of palm or 2 (14 ounce) cansmarinated hearts of palm, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.00 lb Splenda sugar substitute (optional for a sweet taste) (optional) or 0.00 lb sugar, to taste (optional for a sweet taste) (optional)
- feta cheese, to top (optional)
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Mix dressing ingredients together (except the feta).
- Toss everything together.
- Best if it stands for at least an hour at room temperature.
- To serve top each serving with feta.
- This stores well for a long time in a large ziploc bag if you only add the feta when served.