Recipe by Engrossed
I had a similar salad from a deli and tried to duplicate it. This is what I ended up with. I think it's fabulous! The deli salad was my first experience trying hearts of palm...now they're a new favorite!
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
I was looking for a recipe using green beans and came across this. I used frozen whole petite green beans that I cooked in the microwave for about 5 minutes and then cooled. Also just used 1 can of hearts of palm. I added about 2-3 tablespoons of sugar to the dressing and it was just right. I marinated everything except the spinach in 1/2 the dressing overnight and then added the spinach and a little more dressing about an hour before serving. Very fresh and different for a 4th of July dinner. Thanks for posting!
- 453.59 g fresh green beans, rinsed, trimmed and cut in half
- 283.49 g grape tomatoes, whole
- 85.04 g fresh Baby Spinach, whole leaves (about 2 cups packed)
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 (793.78 g) can hearts of palm or 2 (793.78 g) canmarinated hearts of palm, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 1/4 cup)
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml fresh oregano, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 g Splenda sugar substitute (optional for a sweet taste) (optional) or 2 g sugar, to taste (optional for a sweet taste) (optional)
- feta cheese, to top (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Mix dressing ingredients together (except the feta).
- Toss everything together.
- Best if it stands for at least an hour at room temperature.
- To serve top each serving with feta.
- This stores well for a long time in a large ziploc bag if you only add the feta when served.