Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
- 4 -6 medium red potatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick, peeled if desired
- 4 -5 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's condensed cream of celery soup
- salt & pepper
- Place sliced potatoes and green beans in crockpot and add other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.
- Note: When jonesies made this she needed more liquid, so she added 1/2 can mushroom soup mixed with 1/4 cup water. And her cook time was less.
I used 98% fat free cream of celery soup and turkey bacon for this dish in order to lower the fat content. At about 1 hour into the cooking, it was evident that there wasn't enough liquid (potatoes were sticking to the bottom and sides of the crockpot and turning crisp), so I ended up adding about 1/2 can of 98% fat free mushroom soup mixed with 1/4 cup water. After that addition, everything went fine. I didn't need nearly the cooking time, and my casserole was done in 4 hours. I also added mushrooms because, well...I love them! When completed, I really liked this dish and will be making it again. Thanks for posting!