Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is adapted from the FoodNetwork from the Paula Deen Show
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and cut into quarters
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 3 green onions, julienned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed and dried thoroughly
- Blanch beans in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove to an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Drain beans and set aside. (She doesn't say to but save the water, you need it for the next step)
- In the same pot of boiling water, blanch peas until slightly tender, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove peas to the ice water bath; drain and set aside.
- Place beans, peas, tomatoes, eggs, water chestnuts, and green onions in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve over lettuce leaves.