1/1 Photo of Fresh Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Found this in a Well & Fit pamphlet from a local supermarket. Submitted to www.recipezaar.com on Feb. 24, 2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion (2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup soft white breadcrumb
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a covered sauce pan cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water until tender and crisp, about 15 minutes; drain and set aside.
- 3For the white sauce, in a medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Stir in flour, dry salad dressing mix and white pepper until combined. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; remove from heat.
- 4Spray a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to hot skillet; cook until tender. Remove half of the onion mixture and set aside. Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until tender.
- 5In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine mushroom mixture, green beans and white sauce.
- 6In a small bowl stir together reserved onion mixture and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix