- 12 ounces mostaccioli pasta (about 4 cups uncooked) or 12 ounces penne (about 4 cups uncooked)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh oregano leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a large bowl toss together the cooked pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, and olive.
- In a screw-top jar combine the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, the 2 tablespoons oregano, anchovy paste (if using), garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle over past mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for as least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, add feta cheese; toss. Sprinkle fresh oregano leaves.