Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This salsa is wonderful - sweet, sour, and a little spicy. We usually enjoy it with tortilla chips, but it can also be used as an accompaniment to fish or chicken dishes like other fruit-based salsas. It can be made with any color of seedless grapes, but red grapes are especially pretty with the green onions, chilies and cilantro.
- 2 cups seedless grapes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup anaheim chili, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, mix well.
- Let stand at least 1 hour before serving.
- Drain off excess liquid before serving.
This salsa was served at a teacher's a luncheon yesterday and everyone wanted the recipe. I checked to see if it was posted on Zaar and here it is! It was served with tortilla chips, but could also be a wonderful accompaniment with chicken or fish.