Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Excellent and very interesting side dish or condiment to seafood. The fresh ginger is really delicious and will keep for a couple of weeks in tight container
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces seafood cocktail sauce or 4 ounces chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced fresh ginger (more or less to taste, can have a "kick" to it with more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar or 1 -2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 -2 drop Tabasco sauce or 1 -2 teaspoon datil hot pepper sauce (to desired heat level)
- Grate fresh ginger with very fine grater.
- Mix all ingredients as shown.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Use your own taste to make more or less spicy as fresh ginger is very pungent.
- Delicious on Shrimp or fried fish.
The touch of ginger in this made me want to try it. This was quite good-I’ll make it again. I’m watching fat grams, so I used FF sour cream and FF mayo, to my taste it was more than acceptable. Used it for a mixed shellfish plate. Had a little trouble with the “4 oz.” measurements given, is that fluid ounces or weight? It’s listed as making 2 cups and if it was supposed to be fluid ounces that wouldn’t add up. I just used equal parts of those 3 ingredients and added the rest to taste so I think I came up with the ratios you had in mind. Will try it without the sugar next time, not sure if it needed that, but will test. The ginger added a little brightness and newness that I really liked in this kind of sauce. Had a good meal thanks to you Roger Clark!
This is sooo tasty!! Tried it w/ shrimp and it was excellent. Made a slight change...Used 1/2 yogurt and 1/2 mayo instead of just mayo. Can't wait to try it w/ crab. Thanks for posting.