Recipe by Derf
Particularly good with lamb or beef, or any meats
Top Review by Elly in Canada
I enjoyed this relish on fish cakes, sort of an oriental flair!! When I was preparing the relish, in error I added 2 tablespoons of brown sugar instead of teaspoons, and it was not too sweet for my taste. I think I will add the rest to a barbeque sauce and use it on chicken or pork chops. I minced some of the ginger and diced some, I love biting into little bits! A nice little relish Derf.
- 1⁄3 cup peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ginger, sweet pepper, vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill before serving, if desired.
- Serv with grilled or roasted meats or in place of pickle relish.
- Refrigerate any remaining ginger relish for up to 1 week.