Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found these yummy ginger cookies on Allrecipes a while back. They are a little different from others in that they have grated fresh ginger in them, rather than dried. This gives the flavor a little kick, especially when you encounter a slightly bigger chunk. If you like ginger, these are the cookies for you! Cook time includes time to chill the dough.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat ginger, butter, and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy; beat in molasses and egg.
- Gently fold in flour mixture until just combined and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls then roll in sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookies sheets.
- Bake until edges start to brown (about 15 minutes). Centers will be slightly soft.
- Let stand 1 minute then transfer to wire racks to cool.
This is a perfect cookie! It's buttery with a strong, fresh ginger flavor and soft yet crisp. It was easy too. I will be making these a lot.