Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.betterneggs.com website. "Bursting with berry flavor, these fiber-rich muffins are a nutritional powerhouse, providing the fuel needed to get you through a busy morning. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, and nutrient-dense almonds are high in protein. Muffins always bake up light and delicious with fat-free, cholesterol-free Better'n Eggs."
- 1⁄4 cup Better'n Eggs®
- 8 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup all-bran cereal, wheat (shreds, not flakes)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Line 12 muffin cups with paper cup liners; set aside. Stir together the Better’n Eggs, yogurt, orange juice, canola oil and fresh ginger. Stir in wheat bran cereal; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir just until moist. Gently stir in frozen blueberries and almonds.
- Spoon batter equally into muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.