Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low fat and tasty!
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks, rinsed, and patted dry
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except drumsticks and mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup sauce in a separate dish.
- Coat a broiler rack and pan with cooking spray and add chicken.
- Broil 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning and basting occasionally with sauce.
- Remove from broiler and spoon reserved 1/4 cup sauce evenly over all.
These went over very well with both kids and adults, which is a big plus in my book! I followed the recipe but did leave out the red pepper for the kids. Personally, I think it would have been FAB with the pepper, so if you can add it, do. I love Deantini's idea of putting foil on the drumstick bones to avoid burning. Worked great! Made for Healthy Choices ABC tag.
This was awsome. I loved the flavor. I left off the red pepper cause DH had a tender tougne. I used boneless breasts and it turned out perfect tender and moist. Thanks for the great recipe.
Yum! These were just perfect drum sticks. I made as listed except for the red pepper flakes since kids were eating. Very quick and easy recipe. Made for Photo Tag.