Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
We tried something like this at a local kebab house and were pleased with it.
- 1 cup fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- Splenda granular (diabetic) or white sugar (normal diet)
- 1 quart perrier sparkling water
- Bring ginger and water to a boil in a saucepan. Boil vigorously for 3 minutes, then cover and allow to steep until cool.
- Strain ginger liquid and top back up with water, if necessary, to make 2 cups; chill until needed.
- In a beverage glass, muddle 4 teaspoons (or however much you want) Splenda granular or sugar with mint in the bottom of glass.
- Add 1 ounce lime juice per glass along with half spent lime shell and muddle further.
- Add ice to glass along with 4 ounces ginger tea, then top up with 4 ounces sparkling mineral water. Stir, then serve.