Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very flavorfull side dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Warm oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and let cook for 1 minute, then add the butter and let melt.
- Add onion and oregano and cook until onion is soft.
- Then add olives, green beans, and broth.
- Cook until beans are crispy-tender and sprinkle with salt and pepper according to your taste.
Made this for Easter - went over really well! I was able to find really fresh beans at the store, and everything went together very nicely. Even the kids liked these!