1/1 Photo of Fresh Garden Relish
2 hrs 20 mins
I made this from an abundance of fresh vegetables, using what I had and it turned out yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the cabbages, carrots, onions and peppers in a food chopper (I grated), then add salt and let stand 2 hours.
- 2Place in a colander and drain.
- 3Wash if mixture is too salty.
- 4Add the vinegar, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed and stir well.
- 5Heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- 6Variation: Instead of carrots, I used grated summer squash, green tomatoes and added 6-8 hot jalapeno peppers.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Garden Relish
Serving Size: 1 (7592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1072.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19005.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 262.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 230.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g