- 2 medium cabbage
- 8 large carrots
- 12 large onions
- 8 green peppers or 8 red peppers
- 236.59 ml salt
- 946.38 ml vinegar
- 1419.54 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the cabbages, carrots, onions and peppers in a food chopper (I grated), then add salt and let stand 2 hours.
- Place in a colander and drain.
- Wash if mixture is too salty.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed and stir well.
- Heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Variation: Instead of carrots, I used grated summer squash, green tomatoes and added 6-8 hot jalapeno peppers.