I made this from an abundance of fresh vegetables, using what I had and it turned out yummy!
Make and share this Fresh Garden Relish recipe from Food.com.
- Grind the cabbages, carrots, onions and peppers in a food chopper (I grated), then add salt and let stand 2 hours.
- Place in a colander and drain.
- Wash if mixture is too salty.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed and stir well.
- Heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Variation: Instead of carrots, I used grated summer squash, green tomatoes and added 6-8 hot jalapeno peppers.