Recipe by Wineaux
This recipe, from the Junior League of Houston, is a wonderful addition to any meal, especially during the holidays. It's also a welcoming break from the heavy, creamy desserts usually served during The Season! Add time for chilling to the cook time on this one.
- 4 large navel oranges
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice, from oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups honeydew balls
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate off just the zest (the very outside rind) from 1 of the oranges. Peel and section oranges over a bowl to save juice.
- To make syrup, combine zest of orange, 1/2 cup juice from oranges and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 3 minutes. Allow to cool; then stir in Grand Marnier.
- Combine orange sections, strawberries and melon balls in serving bowl. Pour cooled syrup over fruit.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving to blend flavors. Garnish with mint. (Use only fresh fruits.).