1/2 Photos of Fresh Fruit With Vanilla Custard Sauce
This makes a luscious light dessert, a change from all the heavy dishes over the holidays. Looks wonderful in a stemmed glass. Any fresh fruit can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald milk in a large saucepan over medium heat (do not allow milk to boil), set aside.
- 2Combine eggs, egg whites, and sugar in a medium bowl, beat with a wire whisk until blended.
- 3Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot milk into egg mixture; add to remaining hot milk, stirring constantly.
- 4Cook stirring constantly, over low heat until mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon, about 30 minutes.
- 5Immediately pour sauce into a large bowl, stir with a wire whisk until cool.
- 6Stir in vanilla and salt, cover and chill 2 hours.
- 7Serve over fresh fruit.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Fruit With Vanilla Custard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1091 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 273.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 16.3 g