Recipe by cookiedog
This will leave your guests wondering what the mystery flavor is. Posted for Zaar World Tour IV- Greece.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is good but after a bit more than 3 hours in the fridge it did not have much of a rose water flavour at all, just sugar. I followed the recipe exactly except used green grapes as that is what I had on hand. Made for Family Picks, ZWT6, Greece/Cyprus region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 4 oranges
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1 pint basket strawberry, halved
- 1 pear, cored, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir 1 1/2 cups water and sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high. Add cinnamon; boil until syrup is reduced to scant 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Mix in rose water; cool.
- Using small sharp knife, cut off peel and white pith from oranges. Working over large bowl, cut between membranes to release segments into bowl. Add grapes, berries and pear; toss to combine. Mix in syrup. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Spoon fruit and syrup into 6 bowls.