1/1 Photo of Fresh Fruit With Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup
Adapted from papawow.com. Use a colorful variety of seasonal fresh fruit of your choice: peaches, other types of berries or melons, red seedless grapes, etc. I reduced the amount of sugar from the original 2-1 ratio but please feel free to add more. Lemon verbena is a favorite herb of mine! Recently I made this using galia melon only (see photo).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used unbleached white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon verbena, washed and minced
- 1 cup strawberry, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups cantaloupe, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 cup yellow grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 cup red seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into bite size chunks
- fresh lemon verbena leaf
- 1Simple syrup: combine the water and sugar in a small pan and bring to the boil.
- 2Boil mixture until it is reduced by half.
- 3Stir in the lemon verbena leaves. Set aside to allow verbena leaves to infuse and the mixture to cool completely.
- 4Salad: Prep the fruit and arrange on a large shallow platter.
- 5Once the simple syrup is cool, use a fine mesh strainer and drizzle the syrup all over the fruit.
- 6*Garnish fruit with a few fresh lemon verbena leaves. Or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 7*Tip: fresh lemon verbena leaves wilt quickly. Garnish the fruit platter with freshly cut lemon verbena leaves [just] before serving.
- 8Yield is estimated.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Fruit With Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (1503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: