Recipe by lazyme
This is just to die for!! I've never served this without someone wanting the recipe, but more than that, they want to take leftovers home! (That's why I always make a double batch!). It's a simple make-ahead sauce and can be used for dessert or breakfast. It's a great presentation when served in a wine or martini glass. I got this recipe from Bon Appetit magazine in 1995.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Holy smokes - this was fabulous!!!! It's super easy to make (love that you can make it ahead), and is absolutely delicious over fresh fruit. The 2 T. of grand marnier was the perfect amount for us. I set out the fruit mixture (blueberries, strawberries and kiwi), the grand marnier sauce, goblets and spoons for a party. Everyone had fun serving themselves and were impressed by the taste. This recipe is going into my faves. Thank you!
- 10 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (I usually double this)
- 8 cups fresh fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients and 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier in processor. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more Grand Marnier, if desired.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and refrigerate until cold, about one hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Divide fruit among 8 stemmed goblets.
- Top with sauce and serve.
- Note: Use any fresh fruit in season that you like. It's especially good with strawberries, grapes, and blueberries.