This is just to die for!! I've never served this without someone wanting the recipe, but more than that, they want to take leftovers home! (That's why I always make a double batch!). It's a simple make-ahead sauce and can be used for dessert or breakfast. It's a great presentation when served in a wine or martini glass. I got this recipe from Bon Appetit magazine in 1995.
- Combine first 5 ingredients and 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier in processor. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more Grand Marnier, if desired.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and refrigerate until cold, about one hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Divide fruit among 8 stemmed goblets.
- Top with sauce and serve.
- Note: Use any fresh fruit in season that you like. It's especially good with strawberries, grapes, and blueberries.
Holy smokes - this was fabulous!!!! It's super easy to make (love that you can make it ahead), and is absolutely delicious over fresh fruit. The 2 T. of grand marnier was the perfect amount for us. I set out the fruit mixture (blueberries, strawberries and kiwi), the grand marnier sauce, goblets and spoons for a party. Everyone had fun serving themselves and were impressed by the taste. This recipe is going into my faves. Thank you!
I did make one teeny weeny change, I used Kahlua in place of the Grand Marnier just because I like it more. With that said, this is fabulous :D. I used cantaloupe, honeydew and red grapes. I wonder how difficult it would be to have this come out of the shower so you could just stand under it with your mouth open????
I have made this a couple of times now. I usually use a combination of berrie as the fruit. I also like to add a layer of cubed angel food cake to the mixture. Thanks for a great recipe.