This is just to die for!! I've never served this without someone wanting the recipe, but more than that, they want to take leftovers home! (That's why I always make a double batch!). It's a simple make-ahead sauce and can be used for dessert or breakfast. It's a great presentation when served in a wine or martini glass. I got this recipe from Bon Appetit magazine in 1995.
- Combine first 5 ingredients and 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier in processor. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more Grand Marnier, if desired.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and refrigerate until cold, about one hour. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Divide fruit among 8 stemmed goblets.
- Top with sauce and serve.
- Note: Use any fresh fruit in season that you like. It's especially good with strawberries, grapes, and blueberries.