Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in the Australian Woman's Day or New Idea. It's a lightly flavoured cake and is not heavy in texture. It looks really good when garnished with the apple slices and cinnamon sugar.
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons passion fruit pulp
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar, extra
- whipped cream, to serve
- fresh mint sprig, to decorate
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Combine butter, caster sugar and egg in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add sifted flour, mashed banana, passionfruit pulp and orange juice. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Overlap thin apple slices over the top.
- Sprinkle evenly with combined ground cinnamon and extra caster sugar.
- Cook in a moderate oven for 50 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Turn out onto a wire rack.
- Serve teacake warm with whipped cream. Decorate with fresh mint sprigs.